Fresh-tasting jicama is complemented perfectly by sweet honey and spicy chipotle chile for a quick and easy slaw with big-time flavor.
Spicy Jicama Slaw
Write a review
- 1 jicama (about 1 1/4 lb.), peeled and shredded (NOTE: Cut into quarters before shredding on a box grater. Gather shreds and squeeze in a clean, dry towel to remove excess liquid.)
- 1 tbsp chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced (TIP: Use half of this amount if you prefer less heat.)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- To a large bowl, add jicama. In a small bowl, whisk together chile and honey. Pour over jicama and stir to combine. Stir in cilantro and salt.
- Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup jicama slaw): calories: 45, total fat: 0 g, sat. fat: 0 g, carbs: 11 g, fiber: 2 g, sugars: 9 g, protein: 1 g, sodium: 79 mg, cholesterol: 0 mg
4D Fitness | Personal Trainer in Dayton http://blog.bobbyfitness.com/